Thursday 3 January 2013

Tangle Teezer: The honest and frank review




The Tangle Teezer: £10.99 from Boots

An eleven pound hair brush….really? An eleven pound hair brush with a large number of awards and whom is owned by everyone and their mums. Interesting. The tangle teezer came onto my peripheries a few months ago when various bloggers and YouTuber’s began raving about it. With big claims that it delivers ‘rapid, pain-free detangling as well as polishing hair for high shine’ I couldn’t stay away from it for too long to see if this apparent holy grail of hair brushes is truly the Mother Theresa to knots as it claims to be.

The original tangle teezer was created by a London colour technician called Shaun P and with its massive success there are now five other detangling devices that they sell such as the aqua splash and salon elite. I decided to keep it simple and went for the original. I was drawn to the hot pink version and I liked its new take on the hair brush. The tangle teezer fits nicely into the palm of my hand which ensures great control when brushing through my mane. The bristles are quite different to the ones on my usual bog standard barrel brush and they actually remind me of the bristles on brushes which I used to use on my barbies hair. The bristles are thin plastic and are of two heights which are arranged on alternate levels. Despite loving the aesthetics of the brush I was a bit disappointed with how plastic and almost how cheap it feels. I would have much preferred it to feel more substantial considering its price.   So, moving on to the meatier and more important part of this review…how it actually works.

I have thick hair. I don’t mean the usual thick hair. I mean full on tropical rainforest bush hair which despite my wishes loves to get itself into a tangled mess far too much. Because of this the tangle teezer was against it with my hair and probably has easier battles when it comes into contact with finer hair. However despite this I was quite impressed with the tangle teezer. It isn’t completely pain free when I brush my hair but it is a hell of a lot nicer experience than when I use my older brush. The tangle teezer can battle most knots and does leave my hair silky soft without my scalp going through its usual daily torture period. When my hair is feeling kind to me and isn’t very knotty it doesn’t even feel like a brush is going through my hair. However, on bad hair days when my hair likes to get into its usual birds nest style the tangle teezer can ignore some knots which I then have to go through my hair with my old barrel brush to ensure that all the knots are out.

So would I recommend the tangle teezer? Yes I would, especially if you have notoriously knotty thick hair like my own. Brushing my hair used to be a painful daily battle but with the use of the tangle teezer it has turned it into a much more pleasant experience. I wouldn’t be too sure it would be worth parting with your cash if you have finer hair though as I believe that a cheaper normal brush can do just as good of a job.

Have you tried the tangle teezer before? What did you think about it?


Love
The Fashion Doc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment