Thursday 31 January 2013

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation: The Review



Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation £33

I have never been one to get whirled away with the next best thing but after hearing about this new foundation I couldn't wait to try it out. I have never owned or tried any of Laura Merciers products before but have always heard such great things about them. The brand has such a loyal following that I just couldn't wait to get a slice of the action.

Laura Mercier silk Creme Foundation is a full coverage high end foundation and it is one of my absoloute favourites. This foundation seems to tick every box, its perfect. Despite the foundation being quite expensive it is so highly pigmented that a little goes a long way. I use a pea sized amount and buff the foundation in with my Real Techniques buffing brush. This leaves my skin looking flawless as the foundation is so good at covering redness, blemishes and scarring without making the skin look cakey. The foundation leaves a silky matte finish with a healthy glow (not dewy).

As well as leaving a gorgeous finish on the skin this foundation also lasts a long long time. My T zone tends to get quite oily but this foundation stays all day without me even needing to set it with powder.

Overall I would say this is my new absolute favourite foundation of all time (very big statement). It is perfect in every single way and I would recommend it to anyone whos looking to get the ultimate perfect complexion.

Have you ever tried this foundation or any of Laura Merciers other products? What do you think?

Love
The Fashion Doc.


3 comments:

  1. man I'd love to try this but im so fair i always get my shades wrong and i know i'd blow my money :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this foundation, it's one of my all time favourites!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice foundation, I wont be trying it through as I have really dry skin - but I love the brand, I recently bought some Laura mercier products in the Space NK sale :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete