Sunday 6 January 2013

Benefit They're Real Mascara: The Review






Benefit They're Real: £18.50 from Boots



It was on a Saturday shopping trip with my sister when I found this beauty. Post nandos and after hours of unsuccessful shopping I walked past the Benefit counter in Boots. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a picture of a 1950s pin up looking overly sultry and linked to a lie detector machine. Interesting. I looked again. This wasn’t a bizarre plastic surgery add, oh no but Benefits new mascara.  They’re Real Mascara. A mascara which makes your lashes so luscious, long and fabulous that they have to state that they are real. Bold statement. Before my mind had enough time to remind me that my student loan was STILL not available to me just yet, I ran over to the counter and bought myself one.   

I’ve always been a big lover of benefit cosmetics since I discovered their hoola bronzer and their older mascara BADgal Lash. I find that you tend to get what you pay for with cosmetics and even though Benefit is more on the pricier side of things their products are of a high quality and I love their fun and vintage looking packaging.

The packaging of the mascara is much different to that of the previous mascara by Benefit. The mascara is in a metallic tube which makes it feel much more luxurious and substantial to most other mascaras which are in plastic tubes. The mascara has a plastic wand similar to that of the Mac Studio Fix mascara. There are small bristles streamlined down the sides of the wand and are splayed into a spherical shape at the end which ensures that the brush grabs even the smallest of eyelashes.

At first, I wasn’t over whelmed by this mascara as it didn’t seem to give my lashes shockingly great volume or curl which it stated it would. However, the more I used it and after a few minor tweaks to my technique I have developed a great love for this mascara. This mascara is amazing! Truly amazing and I am currently using it every day without fail. The mascara brush gives my eyelashes so much separation and definition but also gives the thickness which I crave. The mascara also dries quickly and also lasts for hours without smudging or becoming flaky. The only con with this mascara (if I was to be picky) is that my eyelashes become quite stiff which can make it quite difficult to add more layers of mascara onto the base layer. It can also be a bit hard to remove but this can be overcome with an oil based make up remover.

Overall, this is a very good mascara and is definitely worth the money. It lifts, separates and volumizes my lashes to give me a wide eyed look even after a few hours’ sleep. I would definitely recommend this mascara to people who are looking for a mid-range mascara which lengthens and separates their lashes.

Whats your favourite mascara?

Love
The Fashion Doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment